No previous musical experience necessary
Instruments provided. Available for hire from £8 per course or to buy from £20.
8 x 45 minute lessons, first introductory class free!
Friendly, relaxed classes led by experienced musician with no more than 10 participants.
Suitable for newborns to pre-walkers.
Benefits of Baby Ukulele
- Mum/Dad sits facing their baby to encourage eye contact and bonding.
- Babies find music enjoyable, stimulating and, when required, relaxing.
- Music is comforting – you may even find it helps lull your baby to sleep.
- It is fun! It is important for parents of young babies to enjoy themselves and make new friends.
- Helps parents make music part of their new family's life whether for bedtime lullabies, sing-alongs, birthday festivities or Christmas celebrations.
- Baby percussion instruments provided for small hands that want to join in.
Why Play the Ukulele
It's easy to grasp the basics – You'll soon be strumming along to your baby's favourite nursery rhymes.
It's affordable: Ukuleles available for hire from £7 per course or to buy from £18.
It's a very portable instrument – easy to take to friends' houses, on holiday or on days out.
You can play and sing at the same time – the ukulele gives confidence to even the most nervous singers.
It's also good for young children and so can be shared with members of the family. Mums, dads and even grandparents might also want to have a go.